Removal of Sliding Door Roller 81-005?

Handy Person from Elma, NY 14059
Jul 24, 2023 2:57 pm

I believe this is my door roller model. It's not intuitive to remove/replace. I've watched several other roller videos and this is unique. I don't want ot force or spring the metal on the door and hope I can get some technical advice.

I do have pictures of the wheels.

2 Replies
Handy Person from Elma, NY 14059
Jul 24, 2023 3:08 pm

Can you offer technical advice for removing this type of glass door slider? I don't want to add too much force.

I did send you a question without picture.

MikeĀ 

20230714_180908 20230714_180902
2 user uploaded images
Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO
Jul 25, 2023 3:51 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello

I have replaced these types of rollers many times over the years. What you need to do is use a slotted screwdriver to pry the metal over where the tabs are on the roller. Place the screwdriver in the location of those tabs and bend over the metal on the door just enough to allow the roller to come out of the door rail. Thanks for posting and let us know if you need anything else. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts