Removing PELLA SLIM SHADE KNOB FOR CASEMENT OPERATOR

A handy person from North Myrtle Beach, SC says:
Hi there!

Was so happy to come across your website while searching for help figuring out how to get the little crank knobs off my 80's Pella windows so I can open the metal clips and remove the interior panes of glass to clean them (i.e remove small dead spiders....lol) and in some cases repair the blinds between the 2 pieces of glass. I see that I can buy replacement knobs but I can't get the original ones off. Have tried twisting in both directions and then gently prying but I am afraid to break the glass by prying too hard. I'm sure there is a trick but I can't figure it out and of course b/c these windows are possibly 30 years old there are no Pella manuals available online. Called the Pella retail shop but they had no clue what I was talking about.

Hoping you guys might know how to get these knobs off! If not thank you anyway in advance for reading my inquiry!

Best regards,
Adrienne
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pella Window Knob.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello.

We did carry your shade operator knob at one time but, unfortunately, it is no longer available. The manufacturer suggests the 70-150S knob to replace it. As for the installation of the knob, screws are used to hold the casing together. I suspect that once you remove the storm panel, you should be able to access the screws. Take a look and see what you think. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.