Repairing Acorn Doorwal screens

A home owner from Algonac, MI says:
Hello,

I have Acorn Dorwal's, 2 of them. Both are difficult to move and the screens don't shut all the way. Additionally, 2 of the IGU's are leaking. I am a do it yourself'r and would like to get parts including the appropriate IGU's. From what I see these units can be completely disassembled and I did watch some U-tube vids on replacing IGU's.

1. If you were me, would you do these repairs yourself?
2. What do I grease the rails with to make for a smoother slide?
3. Do you provide IGU's shipped to Algonac MI?
4. How do I measure so the proper IGU is ordered?

Thank you for your attention!

Do it yourself Dan
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Dan! The company that made your doors has been out of business for many years now. So my question to you is, what is the condition of the doors? If they are good, we have a couple replacement rollers for you to consider (I've associated a few on the right hand side of this page), as well as your 75-077 track lubricant which would also help.

Another thought is, seeing as how you're in Michigan, do they keep the house warm enough? If so, you can order the glass locally at a glass shop. You would need to take the door apart to get the correct size and thickness of the glass, but your glass shop may also be able to help with that.

If not, it may be worth it to simply buy a new complete new door set. Since the energy crises, new doors are made with better weatherstripping to combat the cold.
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO 75-077 Slider Slicker Track Lubricant
SWISCO 75-077 Slider Slicker Track Lubricant
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.