Replace pivot shoe, tilt latch, pivot bars

A quick learner from California says:
I'm thinking I need

Tilt latches 26-442?
Pivot bars either 26-405 or 26-226?
Pivot shoes 15-215?
Can I just replace the pivot shoe and use the old coil balance? If so how to separate it from the coil balance, I didn't see that in your videos only how to remove the shoe from a different type of coil balance connection. If I have to replace whole thing, which part #?
Thank you for your help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot bar.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot shoe 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot shoe.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tilt latch 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tilt latch.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. Starting with the tilt latches, the design of your original more closely matches our 26-243 and 26-244. You will need to review our dimensions before you buy anything to verify; that will be the determining factor.

As for the pivot bar, it's not possible to ID a match in its current condition. If at all possible, I'll need to see an undamaged version in order to check our inventory for a match. 

Lastly, for the pivot shoe, I do agree that our 15-215 is similar in design. As before, you need to compare your dimensions with ours to confirm. As for removing the spring, it should be either hooked in or screwed in. You will need to remove the assembly from the window to check. If you did end up wanting to replace the whole thing, that would be our Series 140.

I think you're right about the tilt latches, I was thrown by them being square vs round like my original was.

I don't have the other piece of the pivot bar. All I have is that the holes are 1" apart on the piece I sent a photo of last time.

Today I am uploading photos of the pivot bar in the upper window, not sure if that will be the same? I'm including a photo of the upper window pivot shoe as well, which is slightly different.

Thanks

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot shoe upper window.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot bar upper window 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot bar upper window 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot bar upper window.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for getting back to us! These photos are a huge help. I see what yo mean about the top sash pivot shoe being different compared to that used for the bottom sash. I actually think the lower sash version uses a more modern version of the same configuration; in other words, while the top sash shoe is slightly different, I believe it's just an older design. They should functionally be the same.

Concerning the pivot bar, we don't sell this exact style, but seeing this tip allows me to narrow down the possibilities. I think our two best options are going to be the 26-398 or 26-405. Both of these are compatible with the 15-215 pivot shoe I mentioned, so at this stage you just need to check hole placement. 

Note the spacing between holes isn't necessarily important here. You can just focus on the distance between the hole centers and the front tip. That will be the determining factor.

Detail of 26-398
Detail of 26-398

Alternate image for 26-405
Alternate image for 26-405

I think I'll try the 26-405.
Thanks
Profile picture of Tom

You're welcome! Thank you for the order and please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.