Replacement Awning Crank Needed

A quick learner says:
I need a righthand replacement crank for an old aluminum awning window in my cottage. Which model do you recommend? I'd like to order the replacement today.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3266.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3264.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3265.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3263.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3262.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! It is very likely that we can supply you with a replacement for the awning operator you are searching for but I'll need a bit more information to confirm.

To start, I'll need to see a photo of the end of the link arm and how it attaches to the window. This means you will need to remove it from the window. I'll also need to see the installation holes from the operator to determine the pattern you new operator will need.

It would help if you are able to provide photos of an undamaged version. However, if you are unable I understand.

A quick learner from Wisconsin says:
Hi Jasmine - Here are the images you requested. I really hope you can find something for me! -Andrea
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 118D4121-FB89-4FD5-8E26-C27F1BC7664D_1_105_c.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3296.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3294.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3295.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3294.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the photos. Your operator looks like it could possibly be our 39-017 or our 39-280. Look over the dimensions and carefully compare them to your existing awning window operator to determine if either of these might be the correct replacement.

You'll need to remove the arm from the window to get accurate measurements. As suggested in my previous response, it might be a good idea to remove an undamaged part. 

Take a look and see what you think.

Dimensions for 39-017
Dimensions for 39-017

Dimensions for 39-280
Dimensions for 39-280

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.