A home owner from Oakville Ontario Canada says:
S870-20 20" Series 870 Arrow Balance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named rod block and tackle assembly
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named rod block and tackle assembly
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named block and tackle terminal clip
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Balance 6.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. This balance isn't made anymore but we recommend the Series 770 as a replacement. You'll want to measure an undamaged version of your old balance to get the proper length and you'll have to weigh the window sash to choose the right stamp option. 

I'll be here if you have any questions! 

Thank you for your reply. The sash weighs 10 lbs. How do I measure the old balances for the correct length? My previous S870-20 was an Arrow balance. Your replacement Series 770 is in a metal channel. I cannot locate the markings on the old balance to determine the length and am unsure how to measure the length. I would appreciate your help.
Profile picture of Emily

We recommend you measure from the top of the cap to the bottom of the balance cap on an undamaged balance as shown in the image below. If you can tell us the length you get, we can see which stamp option would be best for your replacements. 

measure
The length is 20 inches. Sash weight 10 lbs. Please advise on the correct stamp for balance replacement.

Thank you.
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you for confirming that information! See the S770-20 with the 20A stamp option. A pair of balances with this option will support a sash weighing 5 to 10 pounds. 

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.