Replacement Counter Balance

A home owner from Florida says:

Good afternoon

I followed the instructions on your website to identify and order a set or replacement window counterbalances. My order was for S350-30

I received the parts today and there is one small difference. It was very challenging select the top and bottom shapes from the pictures but I believed I had it correct when the numbers were matching at the end. They are 2940 style. 

I am enclosing a photo of the new and the old side by side. The profile of the bottom shoe appears to be less than 1" Please tell me if this is a replacement part or if I need to return these for a different part. Thank you. You can contact me via email or call.

Be well,

--David

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15204C72-A123-4B3C-8FF3-0BC8A340C460.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, David. I agree, our S350-30 appears to be a little different compared to your original assembly. Looks like you have the winged 19-005 top fitting, rather than the non-winged 19-001.

As for shoe depth, it's very hard to make that out. I know the difference in size here is very slight, but it's very important. It's also not something I can eyeball from just a photo of a tape measure. For this particular detail you will need to use your best judgement.

If possible, please measure the depth as carefully as you can and write out what you get for me. Also keep in mind that these shoes tend to wear down from use over the years, so you may need to do some mental adjustments to figure out the exact size necessary. The sizes available for this style are 1-3/32", 1", and 7/8". 

A home owner from Florida says:
The measurement appears to be 7/8". I was concerned because the first response to me did not explain that as an option . Glad that is an option. I am sorry to bother you but I am being extra cautious as I already made the mistake once. Appreciate your help tremendously.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You're not a bother at all! This is exactly why we offer this service, to help catch the little details that might otherwise go unnoticed. It's always the little things that get you in the end; trust me, I've had more than my fair share of projects delayed because of a difference as small as 1/8".

If your shoe is 7/8" deep, then we can help, but it will have to be a custom order since this assembly isn't a stock order. What we will be using is our 19-005 top and 15-029 bottom nylon fitting. We can install these in a 30" channel balance with a 2940 stamp option.

Does that sound good to you? I'll take the liberty of emailing you a custom balance order link that will let you add 2 balance to your cart. They'll be made using the above specifications. Just note that custom balances are non-refundable, so make sure you're extra certain about that shoe depth.

If you have any questions, or wanted to make changes to that order link, please feel free to reach out. I'm happy to make any adjustments you need, or answer any questions.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.