Replacement Part to keep tension rod in place for window balancing when opening

A quick learner from Tampa, Florida says:

There are 2 pictures attached. One picture is missing the plastic part located on the lower window pane which holds tension rod in place. The other picture is one window that has the part still in tact and functioning.

Can you let me know if you have these replacement parts.

Thank you,

Chris

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Broken Top Sash Guide
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top Sash Guide
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! The plastic piece at the top corner of the window is the top sash guides. This helps to prevent the balance from shooting up into the window channel and guides it as the window is opened and closed.

To identify the one you need to replace your damaged top sash guide, I'll need to see a photo of an undamaged one.

I've included a few videos below with instructions on how to repair a jammed window, how to replace the top sash guides, and how to install the balances.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions you might have in the meantime.

Good morning,
As requested, I have attached several photos of the part that is in good condition that I need to find replacements for many windows to hold the tension balance rod in place. I hope these pictures can assist.

In addition, there are additional I call them guide clips that are attached along the frame to slide the window up and down. I have included those pics as well to see if you have replacements.

Thanks for your assistance.

Chris
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window 4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Guide 1.jpg

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the photos! Your top sash guide resembles the 18-166 5/8" Top Sash Guide, typically used in Kinco windows. To determine if this is the right fit for your sash, carefully review and compare the dimensions below.

Detail of 18-166
Detail of 18-166

Profile view of 18-166
Profile view of 18-166

The piece you are referring to as the guide clip is the face guide. I believe our 67-026 Face Guide can work to replace yours, but you'll need to compare the dimensions to confirm.

Dimensions for 67-026
Dimensions for 67-026

The measurements you provided are confirmed and correct.

I will need 18 of each of the pieces described above. How to I complete this transaction?

Thank you,
Chris

Hi Chris,

I'm glad to hear they are a match! You can place the order for them on the website whenever you are ready.

If you need assistance with placing the order you may call (888) 991-1929 to speak with a member of our customer service team.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions you might have.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.