Looking for full sash replacement
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7503.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7504.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7505.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7506.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7507.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This looks like an old rod balance that is no longer made. You should be able to replace it however with one of our tilt-window channel balances here. To know which, please show us photos of whatever attachment is at the bottom of the balance. We will also need the length of the whole rod, as well as the weight of the window sash these balances support. We'll do our best to narrow down what you need thereafter. 

A home owner from Stuarts Draft, Virginia says:
Rod is 23 inches. Not sure how to capture how the bottom is attached. See pics. Window is roughly 15-20 pounds Ps sorry for the delay. I have been traveling as of late.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7621.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7622.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7623.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

These photos are a huge help, thanks! My suspicions were correct: you have an old rod balance that has been discontinued for quite a few years now. Yours in particular used to be called a "crossbow" balance. The good news is that this can be replaced by our Series 795, but it is going to take a fair bit of handiwork. 

I'll share a video below that will walk you through the process one step at a time. As long as you follow the instructions here, you should be able to get your window working again, but make sure you set aside an afternoon for it (or more). I wouldn't exactly call this a beginner's level project.

One last note: before you buy anything, make sure to measure the diameter of the spring. If it's less than 1/2", our Series 795 will not work for you. Get back to me if that's the case and we can work from there. That said, your springs should be 1/2", but you should measure it anyway. Better safe than sorry.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.