Replacement Tandem Rollers

A home owner from Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan says:
I need to know the correct model of Swisco rollers to purchase. Attached are photos of the roller. Width is 7/10's of an inch. Height is 1 and 3/10's of an inch. Rollers are 1 and 1/4 inch. Todd.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Back.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bottom.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Front.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Side.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top.JPEG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. The 81-158 immediately comes to mind. Please double-check your dimensions in comparison to the diagram below. If they indeed differ, let me know, and I will see if we can find something better.

Alternate image for 81-158
Alternate image for 81-158

Bob, Thanks for the quick reply. Everything looks good except for the height. Mine is slightly higher than 1 1/4 inch. I honestly don't know if the difference in height makes a difference. I've look ALL over online and unable to find one of that height - that has the 1 1/4 inch wheel diameter. The important thing is that the attachment and adjustment screws match up to the holes in the door, although I'd think that it's a standard measurement. The door itself is approximately 14 years old and came pre-installed in a new modular home. If you feel the height wouldn't make much difference in the functioning of the assembly I'll order them right away.
Profile picture of Bob

Height usually does make a difference with sliding glass door rollers, so I'm hesitant to tell you the pull the trigger. Height and thickness of the assembly matter most, the length of it isn't so important (since you in theory have the whole length of the door to accommodate it). The wheel diameter matters but there is some play allowed, usually within 1/4" of an inch. 

In any event, I was careless not to mention a second option earlier: consider instead our 81-166S. This roller has the same dimensions as the 81-158--except it also does have a 1-1/4" height. See the diagram below for reference. Let me know if you think this is worth giving a shot.

Dimensions for 81-166s
Dimensions for 81-166s

Bob, You're a superstar! I'm positive this will work and I just ordered two of the rollers (and associated screws). Thanks so much, Todd.
Profile picture of Bob

No problem! Please let us know how you make out with your repair and if you have any future hardware questions. 

Bob, What a coincidence! The rollers just arrived a half hour ago. Popped them in and (as you probably already know), they fit perfect! Thanks so much for taking care of my query and pointing me in the right direction. Feel free to use my remarks as a testimonial or recommendation on your website if you have a feedback section - I've already mentioned you guys to a few of my friends up here. Regards, Todd.
Profile picture of Bob

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy that we could assist with your repair! 

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.