Replacement Window Parts

A quick learner from Kokomo, Indiana says:

Hello, I'm hoping you can help me with some replacement parts.

The balances are Nuprime by Season-All. The metal body is 26 7/16" long X 1/2" wide X 5/8" deep. They are stamped "2620".

I have attached several photos of the nylon end caps with dimensions.

The top sash guide appears to be product code 18-110.

Thank you for your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5185.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5195(1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5196.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5203.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5204.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your photos and dimensions indicate that you would need the S390-27 channel balance with a 1-1/8" bet bottom fitting. You'll also need a 2620 strength option based on the stamp code you provided. Take a look and thanks for posting! 

Close up view of the S390 balance top.
Close up view of the S390 balance top.

Close up view of the S390 balance shoe.
Close up view of the S390 balance shoe.

Thank you! I'm about to place the order but I just want to make certain that the S390-27 balance will work even though my measurement of the balance metal channel is only 26 7/16" long.
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, we do not carry a version of this balance that measures 26-7/16" long. The 2620 stamp would also generally indicate that the metal channel would measure 27". I would recommend double-checking your metal channel length, not including the end fittings. If you're still coming up short, you may have a 26-1/2" balance. I've honestly never heard of this type of balance with the same 26-7/16" length. 

Thanks Casey, I just re-measured the channel length and can confirm that it is 26 7/16" long.
I'm certain a 26 1/2" channel length would work but I'm not sure about 27". Do you believe a 27" channel length would work? Do you custom make these parts - could you make a 26 7/16" channel? If so, what would be the cost? I'm looking to order 4.
Thank you for your help.
Profile picture of Casey

Thank you for confirming. We can supply replacement balances that measure 26-1/2" long but it will need to be a custom order. We just sent over a purchase link and price quote for you to review. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else. 

How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.