Replacement Window slides/springs

A home owner from Madison, AL says:

Hung windows are 17 years old. Not opened often, except to clean twice/year.

One unit failed (pictures attached). Looking for an identical replacement pair, at a minimum. I may buy more as "insurance" for the next window failure.

Thank you for your help with this!

VR, Gary 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 32B Stamp
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Hook
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Balance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named T-lock Shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Front View
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hi Gary, thank you for posting,

We do not carry your exact balance with the curved in T-lock shoe and metal channel, but our Series 795 channel balance can fully replace it.

Your balance uses the 15-198 hook at the top for installation. This configuration will require a custom order to assemble for you. The length of the metal channel should measure 32" long, please confirm. 

The Series 795 comes with the 1-1/4" wide 15-195 T-lock shoe, but it appears that your original will be a better fit for the 15-194 size as shown below. Please review the dimensions to confirm a good fit! The 15-194 will need to be purchased additionally and switched out upon installation. 

Alternate view of 15-194
Alternate view of 15-194

Please let me know how many balances you would like to move forward with and I can send over an order link with pricing for your review. Thank you! 

A home owner from Madison, AL says:

Lauren, thanks for your post.

To your questions:

- yes, it is a 32 inch metal channel

- the dimensions for 15-194 T-lock shoe are correct and will work for my installation.

I would like a quote for 2 balances, at your earliest convenience.

Thanks and VR,

Gary 

Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hi Gary,

I have sent over a separate email with an order link for (2) balances with pricing. As mentioned above, the 15-194 T-lock shoe will need to be added to your cart additionally before checking out to switch out upon arrival. 

We are currently out of stock of the hook attachments so there is a 5-6 week lead time. Please review and let me know if you have any additional questions. Custom orders are nonrefundable. 

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.