Replacement awning window crank

A home owner from Pennsylvania- home is in Turks and Caicos says:

All measurements match the VE Anderson crank except my arm is straight and the VE Anderson has a bend.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Awning Crank Operator
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Awning Window Operator
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Awning Box Operator
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Box Type Operator
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to say I cannot confirm the the dimensions based on the photos of the measuring tape. I'll need to know the written measurements from your existing operator. 

I'll also need to see a photo of the operator removed to see the details of the link arm as well as the placement of the installation holes.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

All measurements of my crank match those in the VE Anderson 39-259 crank, however as you can see the arm on mine is straight and the VE Anderson arm has a bend. Is there another option that has the same measurements with a straight arm?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named crank arm.jpg

Thanks for the photo! Yes, I already have the measurements from our operator, however I am still not able to confirm with certainty if they are the same exact measurements based on your photos. That said, I'll have to go based on your confirmation.

I believe the replacement you'll need is the 39-084 Crown Window Crank. The opposite handed version is the 39-085. To confirm that this is the right fit for your window, be sure to carefully review and compare the dimensions shown below.

Alternate view of 39-084
Alternate view of 39-084

Yes we verified all of our measurements. The Crown 39-084 you are referencing matches everything but the arm length. My arm length is 2 1/2 and the Crown is 2 1/4. I don't know that the shorter arm length is compatible. Are you able to confirm that?

Thanks for confirming. The arm length should not impede the function of the operator. There's enough room in the linkage to get away with a fair bit of a difference in the length measurement.

I hope this helps!

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.