Replacement balances

A quick learner from San Carlos CA says:
Hi, Do you carry the balances pictured here and if so, could you tell me the part #s and prices? I also need new ones for some smaller windows but I've reached the photo attachment limit so will try to send those in a 2nd message. The smaller windows are about 19.5" long and the longer ones are about 24".

#s on the longer balances: 23 4 EW CMC 10
# on the shorter balance: 18A (possibly followed by a 2?)
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 23 4 stamped channel
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named full channel balance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named winged bottom fitting
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named take out clip
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window sash
Follow-up message to the one I just sent.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 18A stamped channel
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

Thank you for reaching out to us. The balance in your first batch of photos reminds me of either the S380-24 or S385-24 depending on the depth of the bottom shoe. You'll want to select the 2340 option based on the 23-4 stamp.

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

However, the balance with the 18A stamp appears to have a wingless shoe, unlike your other balance. Can you remove an undamaged version and show us a photo of the top fitting as well? Can you also confirm the length of the metal channel?  

Hi, thanks for your helpful reply. The depth of the bottom shoe on the larger balances is 1", so I'll order the S380-24s. As for the smaller one, I'm attaching more photos. 

When you ask what the length of the metal channel is, do you mean the channel in the window, or on the balance? The outer metal part is 19" and the inner channel of the balance (from plastic piece to plastic piece) is just over 18", it's 5/8" deep and 1/4" wide. The shoes are about 1/2" wide. 

The shoe that is at the non-hook end is just under 1.25" long. The shoe on the hook end measures 1" on the diagonal side that's on the opposite side of the balance from the hook. It has 18A and BSI stamped on it. Thank you!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named wingless top and bottom balance
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

My apologies! I was referring to the length of the balance's metal channel. If it's 19" long, see the S351-19 or S390-19. You'll have to measure the bottom shoe as shown below like you did before. 

As for the 18A stamp, we don't have a stamp option like this but I wonder if you could use the 1810 stamp option. A pair of balances with this stamp will support a sash weighing 5 to 8 pounds. You can always weigh the window sash on a scale to confirm. 

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.