Replacement cover for casement arm operator

A quick learner from 93101 says:
Hello,

I have a few cracked casement window operator covers, I would ideally like to replace them.

The windows were installed in 2003. The cover is plastic, the handle is metal and stamped with "semco". I assume I need to remove the handle to pop off the cover, but I don't see a screw underneath the handle. It's unclear how the handle and cover come off.

Ideally, I'd like to identify the right part to purchase for the plastic cover, and get guidance on how to replace it.

( I have a few other parts that need replacing, but I'll keep one question per inquiry for clarity ).

Thanks in advance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1631.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1630.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1632.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! When you pull at the handle with some gentle force, does the handle come off the spline on the operator? If not, there is a chance you may need to replace the entire crank mechanism. The handle and cover generally pop off of the operator, especially when the handle does not use a set screw.

Please try pulling them off and if they are not removable, we can move from there.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions you may have in the meantime.

A quick learner from 93101 says:
Hi Jasmine, thanks for the reply. Sure enough, they do come off with a bit of jiggling. What would be the next step to replacing the cover - should I assume I carefully pry it off (maybe run a razor arounnd the edge first in case of paint overlap)? And do you have a part that replaces these covers?

thanks again,
Doyle

Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hi Doyle,

It does appear that you can remove the operator. Again, they do typically pop off the base of the operator but, as you mentioned, you may need to use a putty knife or something with a sharper edge to separate the operator from the overlapping paint.

I believe you can use our 39-323 Truth Hardware Contour Cover to replace your cover. Take a look and see if this could work as a replacement for you.

Full view with measurements
Full view with measurements

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.