Replacement for GU operator

A quick learner says:
Your 39-316 Truth operator shown in your video on replacing old GU operators, appears to be the one I need except for the sill mounting screw locations. Using the 39-316 operator, I would have to drill new mounting holes - I can do that if necessary. The important question is whether the operator will work properly once installed. Attached is a picture of the broken original GU operator. The dimensions are:

-length of the inner arm, from the inner bend to the riveted end = 3 3/8 inch
-overall length of the link arm = 5 3/8 inch
-between the two outer mounting holes in the sill mounting bracket = 4 ΒΌ inch

Of course, the shape of the 39-316 inner arm is different than on the GU operator, but I suspect that the overall arm length in the closed position is probably the same.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Weatherwax.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I have personally replaced the GU operator more than a few times using the 39-316, along with the related parts we mention in our video. I find that it works very well as a replacement despite the differences in arm size. Just note that you will definitely have to redrill your installation holes. Just make sure to take your time, since you want to make sure its oriented in the right position for optimal function.

How to Replace a Discontinued GU Operator
How to Replace a Discontinued GU Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.