Replacement part for mirror wardrobe door tracks

A quick learner says:
Hi there. I have some old monarch safety mirror wardrobe doors that I'd like to install. The dimensions of each door is 36 wide by 72 high. The opening of my wardrobe area is 72 in by 72 in. I believe the rollers are concave and their dimensions are 1 - 3/8 in diameter and 3/8 in wide.

Hole to hole 2-3/8
Wheel diameter -1-3/8

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named MBeth.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named MBeth2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Mbeth3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Mbeth4.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

I agree, it looks like your roller wheels are concave. Take a look at our 23-270 track for concave rollers. Review the specifications and see what you think. 

A quick learner says:
Thanks. I will be needing both lower and upper tracks. Can you recommend both based on the dimensions of my rollers and closet opening? Again the wheel diameter is 1-3/8 and the width of the closet opening is 72 inches.
Thank you.
Profile picture of Emily

I'm afraid we don't sell a 72" concave track but what you can do is take two smaller tracks, such as the 23-270, butt them together, and then cut the excess off using a hacksaw. 

Our 23-028 roller looks similar but our wheel diameter is 1-1/2". Can you double-check that for us just to be safe? 

A quick learner says:

Update: I did double check the dimensions of the roller system on my old mirror door.

Wheel is 5/16" w by 1-7/8" diameter. Metal bracket is 3" high by 2-1/2" wide with 2-1/8" between the holes. 

It does seem like the 23-028 is a very close match. I wouldn't think that 1/16" difference in the wheel diameter is a problem. Is the 23-028 is our guide, would bottom track 23-272 work? And is 23-246 the correct upper rail?

Profile picture of Emily

Yes, the 23-028 is compatible with the 23-272 track for concave roller wheels. However, I can't confirm if the 23-246 track is what you need for the top. Can you upload some photos of the top roller or guide? 

A quick learner says:
The top is 1" wide plus another 1/4" for the mirror. There are some brown plastic end pieces about 2"in length that cover each corner.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240105_011658.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240105_011635.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you for the additional photos. Unfortunately, we don't sell a track that is compatible with the guide shown here. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. 

A quick learner says:
I don't understand why the top will not fit inside the 23-246?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Apologies for the confusion. If I understand you correctly, the rubber guide and mirror door are 1-1/4" wide. If that's the case, it may fit in the channel of 23-246 track that is 1-1/2" wide.

Sliding Closet Mirror Door Rollers & Tracks
Sliding Closet Mirror Door Rollers & Tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.