Replacement parts

A handy person from Providence says:
I have vinyl tilt windows that were installed before I bought my house. Some of them don't work very well, and seem to require some parts replaced. I can't find any markings on them, except for 'INE 96' on the inside of the aluminium part that holds the glass. A websearch for that lead to a forum post on your website, from 2017. Do you have any idea of he brand or type, so I might be able to get replacement parts? And is there a type of lubricant you would recommend? Thank you very much.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230828_172802436.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230828_172713548.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! I'm sorry to say that I would not be able to identify the window manufacturer/brand however, we would be able to assist with recommending the replacement hardware you need. 

To identify both the spiral balance and the compatible pivot shoe, I'll need to see each of these parts removed from the window. I've included several videos in this thread that give instructions on how to remove these pieces of hardware as well as the the information we'll need to properly identify your replacements.

Take a look over the videos tagged below and feel free to reach out with any questions you may have in the meantime.

A quick learner from San Francisco, CA says:
My window with a very similar part is a Certainteed window. Mine is also installed in a vertical position that, when folded out, blocks the window from fully opening.
But the only item here that seems to fit is the Window Slider Limit Lock (Product Code: 26-275). This is supposed to be for horzontal slide windows?

The Photo attached of is the part I am trying replace.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Ceratinteed Latch
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

The 26-275 is typically used for sliding window, however it does appear to be the part installed to your sash. Be sure to carefully compare the dimensions and design to confirm that this is the replacement you'll need.

Your tilt latches appear to be the 26-384 Certainteed Tilt Latch Pair. Carefully look over the dimensions and compare them to your existing Certainteed latches.

Detail of 26-384
Detail of 26-384

Back view of 26-384
Back view of 26-384

Profile view of 26-384
Profile view of 26-384

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.