Replacement window balance

A quick learner from Florida says:

window balances for tilt window. The old balances are marked either

(03/4) UNIQUE 27-D-40 or (03/4) UNIQUE 27-C-30.

Which replacement parts should I purchase to replace these broken balances?

Thank you

David

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6851.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6852.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6853.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! Your balances appear to the be the S770-27 channel balance with both a 27C and 27D stamp. If these balances were removed from the same window, you'll need to confirm the exact weight of the window to determine the exact stamp you'll need.

The 27C stamp is made for sashes weighing 17 to 22lbs, the 27D stamp is made for sashes weighing 22 to 26lbs. Once you have the exact weight you'll need to confirm if it is just under 22lbs (for example: 21.8lbs) in which case, I would recommend the 27C stamp. If the weight is over 22lbs and over, I recommend the 27D stamp.

You'll want to have balances with the same amount of tension in the window so that one is not worn out faster than the other.

Let me know if you have any questions.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.