Require Help on Metal Frame Bifold Door Lower Pivot Hardware

A home owner from Boise, ID says:

Hi, we have a mirrored bifold door that is about 6'6" high x 5' wide. I am guessing it weighs 50 lbs. In the midst of a remodel, it appears that I have lost the lower pivot pin bracket. I am attaching a picture of the pivot pin to give you an idea of the system I need. It has a 5/16" thread and a nylon pin cap that is .365" OD, which means it probably needs a 3/8" ID pin reciever. I saw part 23-314 that looks ideal but I don't need the ID of the pin receiver on it. I like that it is easily adjustable vs the systems that are only adjustable by lifting and replacing door. So if you could suggest a lower pivot bracket with 3/8" pin receiver, that would be great.

Also, the shoulder of the pin cap looks intact in the photo but actually is cracked all around. The OD of the necked down part of the threaded pin is .200" (measured with calipers) so I may need to get a .188 and drill out or get a new pin assy.

Thanks for all your help!

Dick

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

You have a Slimfold mirror bi-fold door which uses a bottom track like our 21-403, not a corner bracket. If you want to use a corner bracket, then I recommend our 23-303 with a 21-003 bottom threaded pin. The threaded pin you have, 21-001, will not fit into the 23-303 jamb bracket even if you take the nylon cap off. The jamb bracket accepts a 1/4" pin tip. Hopefully that makes sense. Let me know if you have any quesitons.

How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.