S390-34 Balance with a 33 16L BSI TA stamp

A home owner from Vero Beach, FL says:
Hi,

I have three large windows with what appear to be S 390-34 spring balances. The coding on the old balances is 33 16L, followed by what appears to be BSI TA.

These are very heavy windows--multi-pane hurricane rated vinyl windows with each sash about 50" wide by 36+" tall.

Each sash weighs 55 pounds, much heavier than the standard options for the S390-34 on the website.

The current spring arrangement is a spring-within-spring.

I see from other enquiries that you need to custom-make these balances. Since two have given up the ghost, I want to replace all six channel balances on the three windows. Could you please give me a price quote and delivery time?

I can send photos if you need them, but this may be enough info for you.

Thanks.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us! This is very likely enough information, yes, though truth be told I always like to get photos in these circumstances just to be safe. Custom balances cannot be returned for a refund so I don't like to take chances. It's ultimately up to you. 

Otherwise, please give me a little time to look into that 33 16L stamp, or at the very least at what options are available for a sash as heavy as yours. I'll get back to you ASAP once I have more information one way or another.

A home owner from Vero Beach, FL says:
Photos of balances discussed above. Metal channel end-to-end is 34". Actual channel width 9/16". Weight of sash 55 pounds.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window balance 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window balance 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance 4.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

These photos are perfect, thank you! This definitely makes our job easier and will give us more confidence in our recommendation.

We're still awaiting confirmation that your heavy-duty spring is available. I hope to have that answer for you soon.

Profile picture of Tom

Okay, we're good to go on our end. What we can do is make you a S390-34 balance but with a 33DS55 stamp; this is calibrated specifically to hold 55 pounds and is the same spring-within-a-spring setup as you have now (the "DS" literally stands for "Double Spring").

I'll email you a purchase link and price quote right now that will let you add 6 of these to your cart. You can then checkout as normal.

Please let me know if you had any questions or wanted to make any changes.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.