Sash Balances

A quick learner from Palm City, Florida says:
I'm looking for a balance replacement. This balance measures 23 inches long (metal only, end to end). It has the number 2230 stamped on it. The plastic at the top extends out about 3/4 of an inch. The metal frame is approximately 9/16 wide and 5/8 deep.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named channel balance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named inside of balance channel
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named winged top fitting
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named side of winged top fitting
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named winged bottom fitting
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hey there!

At first glance, our Series 380 or Series 385 looks to be a good match. The Series 380 has a 1" deep shoe and the Series 385 has a 1-3/32" deep shoe as shown below. However, your shoe resembles the 15-029 which is 7/8" deep. Can you measure yours and tell us what you find? 

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

You're correct. The shoe depth is 7/8".
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you for confirming! We don't have a stock Series that uses the 15-029 shoe but we can still help via custom order. We'll take a 23" long metal channel with the 2230 stamp and attach the 19-005 winged top and 15-029 bottom shoe to replicate what you show here. 

I'll go ahead and email you a purchase link and price quote for (2) of these balances that you can use to place an order on our website. Let me know if you have any questions! 

Hi Emily,

Thanks for your help. I'm going to add some additional items to your quote and place an order. Also, I have 8 more windows of various sizes that I plan to renovate and will be placing more orders in the future. I'll keep in mind the 7/8" shoe size when I do order. Thanks again.

Kevin

Profile picture of Emily

No problem! I'm glad I could help. I'll be here if you need anything else; good luck with the repair! 

Hi Emily,

I want to order six more balances like the ones above, (23", 2230 stamp, 15-029 bottom shoe, 19-005 winged top). The previous order number was 2280442. Would you please put them in my cart. I don't know how to order them since they're custom. Thanks.

Kevin

Profile picture of Emily

Hey there Kevin. I'll go and email you a purchase link for (6) balances that you can use to place an order on our website! 

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.