Sash balance for 52" wide by 62" high

A quick learner from FL says:
Hello, I believe the replacement sash would be your 770 16D. I just wanted to verify. My present sash is 16" in length, 1/2 in height, and 9/16 width. Thank you for your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 43B98F4D-1657-4FE4-9CE0-A3D4F1FC7C07.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0A6960B2-55ED-44E4-B84C-2039634C6862.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E7DAA0C9-C155-487E-9FF4-FCED9BC40605.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 25DS39 BSI
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I'm a little confused. While I agree this balance appears to be a Series 770, that stamp code of 25DS39 you show in your last picture would suggest this is not a 16" balance; it would also be a very unusual stamp for this type of balance. Can you confirm that stamp is on this balance? Can you also confirm the metal channel length? We'll do our best to narrow this down from there. 

Hello, thank you for your response. I measured the length of the balance itself and it's 16". But, I did look up the stamp code to see what the numbers meant. Which also doesn't line up. I just figured it's probably a much older window and the sashes made now are stamped differently. Because I couldn't find anything to match that code either. I believe the window itself is from 2002. Is there something else you need from me that would help. Because that length is correct, and that is the stamp on it.
Profile picture of Bob

The best thing to do, if you haven't already, is to weigh the window sash. If you can tell me that exact weight, we'll be able to choose the correct stamp option for a S770-16

Hello, thanks again. It weighs 0.8lb.
Profile picture of Bob

Sorry, let me clarify. The window sash is the movable part of the frame with glass. I am certain this weighs more than 0.8 pounds. If you could obtain the exact weight, perhaps by placing the window on a bathroom scale, I can further narrow down what you need. 

Sorry, I was still thinking we are talking about the sash balance. Sash itself is 36lb.
Profile picture of Bob

We're getting there. 36 pounds is awfully heavy for a 16" balance. Can you please double-check the length? Be sure you are measuring the metal channel, not the inner components. I only ask because, looking back at your original photos, the balance looks a lot longer than 16". Let me know and I'll try and wrap this up ASAP. Many thanks. 

Hello.

I'm sorry, I realized that was supposed to say 26" in length.
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for your patience. I just sent you an email with a custom link to order a pair of these 26" Series 770 balances, stamped 25DS39. This stamp indicates the balances are calibrated to support a sash of 39 pounds. While this not the weight you reported, we generally always go with the original stamp rating unless there's a good reason not to. Did you ever have trouble closing these windows or keeping them closed before the balances failed? If not, then I'm confident the original stamp will work well. 

Let us know if you have any other questions, or need a different amount, prior to placing this order. 

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.