Sash coil spring balances need replacement, or you may have a video on how the spring can be reattached.

A handy person from Westchester county, New York says:
Hello SWISCO customer support. I am a renter and just moved into a place that has window issues. The window balance has detached or is broken. If you could please advise which of your parts inventory would properly replace them I will appreciate the information. I also need to replace both left and right tilt latches, and the cam locks and latches. I will send a separate photo as the five photo limit is reached here. Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2524.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2525.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2527.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2528.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2529.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. The pivot shoe looks like our 15-087, which works with Series 180 Coil Balances. For each replacement coil spring, you need to choose a spring weight, which designates the weight the individual coil spring can support. The stamps on the shoe housing is not always reliable for this--it's best to check the coil springs themselves, particularly close to the 'tongue'. If there is no stamp or you're uncertain, give me the exact weight of the window sash that these coil balances support, and I can work out what you need.

Series 180 coil balance diagram
Series 180 coil balance diagram

The tilt latches might be our 26-243 and 26-244; even though the top surface appears different, if the dimensions below match otherwise, then these should work. That said, it's tough to tell from these broken pieces. It's best to use an undamaged tilt latch, if available, to compare. Let us know if anything differs, and if so, how via pictures and dimensions.

Profile view of 26-243
Profile view of 26-243
Alternate view of 26-243
Alternate view of 26-243

A handy person says:
Hello, thank you for the prompt reply... You are correct about the tilt latches and i have them in the shopping cart. I just found the time to cut the frame and remove the coil spring. The coil spring is very faintly stamped with the number 8. I am attaching photos and will need to order left and right sides as mentioned. I am surprised that they both failed / broke the same way. Is this common? Anyway, if you could advise on the coil balances as I do not have the ability to weigh the window (no scale). Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2556.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2557.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2558.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2559.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2560.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey there. A Series 180 coil stamped '8' suggests you need the S180-08 8 pound spring. This balance system is nonhanded, meaning the same components will work on both sides of the window. As far as both sides failing at the same time, no--that's not surprising. Balance systems tend to last about ten to fifteen years, depending on how well they're cared for. When the coil spring snaps on one side of the sash, suddenly the springs on the other side have to support the entire sash, which is much too heavy for them alone. Therefore both sides break down. In any event, if all the coils you are replacing are stamped '8', you should be good to go. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.