Sash pivot pins have broken - rotted.

A home owner from Lavalette, NJ says:
This is on an ocean facing window. These are the left and right top sash pivot pins broken off in shoe and attach to window via 3 screws in an "L" type piece, which appears broken. The pin slide into the window frame, attached by 2 screws into the frame and 1 screw on the side where the actual pin in (which is broken off into the show)
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2459.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2460.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2461.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2462.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I recognize this balance assembly. This is an older design that isn't made anymore, to my knowledge, but the good news is that we sell modern components that can approximate its function.

See our 15-199 pivot shoe, Series 160 1/2" wide spring, and 15-150D double spring support. I believe these will work for you, but you'll need to check our dimensions first just to be safe. Take special note that the spring is 1/2" wide. You'll also need the weight rating printed on the old spring to pick the right calibration.

Concerning the pivot bar, the one you're showing here is a little too damaged to properly ID. There are plenty of pivot bars compatible with the 15-199 shoe that I mentioned, but I'd still like to see an undamaged version of your old bar so that I can ensure that they'll be compatible with the window, too. Please let me know if that's possible.

Please feel free to reach out if you had any other questions and I would be happy to help.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.