Sash pivot shoe 15-219

A handy person from Virginia says:
The window sash in need of repair uses a T-nose pivot bar similar to part # 26-396. The existing pivot shoe looks like part #15-219 except for the part where the spiral balance connects at the top. The existing pivot shoe has 3 slots at the top (one in the middle) while part # 15-219 has just 2 at the outer edges.
The question is: can pivot shoe 15-219 be used as a replacement with the spiral balance using one of the outer attachment slots? OR does the spiral balance need to connect in the middle to maintain alignment?

Thank you for your help.
Kenny.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Kenny. I personally find that the tines on the top of a pivot shoe don't need to match the original as precisely as you might think. As long as the spiral balance can fit in one of the two available slots provided by the 15-219, then it should be perfectly sufficient for your application.

A handy person from Virginia says:
Thanks for the information Tom. That helps a good bit. The last pivot shoe I replaced I "added a center channel for the spiral balance to match the original. Nice to know I'll not need to do that for the next repair.
Appreciate your help.
Kenny.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Not a problem at all! Best of luck on the rest of the project and please feel free to reach out if you had any questions.

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.