Sash and lock replacement

A home owner from California says:
Hi
is Acorn Lock and Keeper, 2-1/4"
Product Code: 90-274 A replacement for Andersen series 2500.?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Generally Andersen windows use locks made specifically by Andersen, such as the 90-095, 90-295, or 90-324. You'll need to compare all these options to your old sash lock to see if any match up. If in doubt, please send us pictures of your existing lock and tell us the distance between the center of each mounting hole, and we'd be happy to find what you need. 

Thank you, do you stock the screws? It looks like they are 5/8 inch, I need the white flat tops. Please let me know and I will place the order, thanks!!
Profile picture of Bob

Hello! All three products mentioned come with all screws needed for installation.

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions and I will do my best to assist.

I want 90-274 but it says This part does not include new fasteners. Do not throw away your original screws, you will need them for the installation of your new part? under helpful hints :)
Profile picture of Bob

Sorry for the confusion, I was directly referring to the 90-095, 90-295, and 90-324 locks that I suggested in my first response.

The 90-274 lock does not come with screws, no. In that situation we recommend bringing the old screws to a local hardware store to have them match up the exact size, since the length can vary from window to window. It's not always going to be the same.

All that aside, I want to reiterate that there's still a chance that the 90-274 isn't the right fit for your window. I can't say for sure without seeing your original hardware, but based on the fact that you have an Andersen brand installation alone, you should triple check that. Andersen windows historically use very specific hardware that doesn't allow the use of off-brand parts.

Hi, here is a pic. Looks like a match to me. Please let me know.
I'll keep the screws and get them from a hardware store.
Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1109.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1108.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob

This photo is a huge help, thank you. I don't think any of the four different locks we talked about here match what you're showing in this photo, but I do agree that the 90-274 is a potential replacement. It's ultimately going to come down to the placement of the holes. You can refer to the diagram below. You already said that the hole center spacing is 2-1/4", so that's good, but you also have to keep in mind the backset. As long as yours is the same for both measurements then the 90-274 is a viable option.

Dimensions for 90-274
Dimensions for 90-274

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.