Screen door latch/ handle

A handy person from PA says:
Hello, We have an Eli Validator screen for sliding door. The handle on screen broke and we were wondering if this would work as a replacement? Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230626_145620.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230626_145651.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

I don't know if this part will work for you, I'm afraid. The stickers shown here don't tell us anything about the hardware your door uses. In order to help, we will need to see a photo of the original handle set as well as the written-out installation hole center spacing. 

Here are pics of the inside of the handle mechanism and what the outside looks like.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230628_101520.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230628_101454.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks for the additional photos! Can you also write out the distance between the two installation holes, measured from center to center? We sell a handful of handles that look similar to this so that's important to know when it comes to narrowing down your replacement options.

Screw holes are exactly 3" on center for screen door latch.
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you for confirming! Take a look at the handles we've related for you on this page. Carefully review their specifications and see if one matches up with your old handle. 

Hello, It appears 84-230 is the correct latch. How can I order just one of these? And I hope shipping isn't more than latch itself. Thank you!
Profile picture of Emily

You can place an order for the 84-230 right on our website at your convenience! Shipping will also be calculated at checkout. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.