Screen window parts inquiry

A home owner from New York says:

Gentlemen,

I am in need of corner keys, Silverline screen turn clips (I think), and hollow pull tabs to repair a number of screens.

The corner key is 3/16" thick by 1/4" tall on each leg. Leg length is ~ 1 1/4" long (outside measurements)

Also, I plan to replace the fiberglass screen with aluminum. Measured spline channel was ~ 0.125"

Regards,

Konrad

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3430.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3431.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3429.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3428.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your patience during this busy time, Konrad. I think we can help with this hardware. The turn clip itself looks like our Silverline brand 70-211. I am confident this will replace yours.

The corner is, unfortunately, no longer made. We don't have a confirmed replacement but you could consider something like our 95-176 or 95-002. They are both 3/16 X 3/16". The styles are obviously different from yours but I don't think anything else we carry will work.

Finally, we carry a variety of screen pull tabs. You can see them all here.

A home owner from New York says:
Gentlemen,

Will a 95-224 corner key fit? The given leg height and thickness are the same as my original. I don't know long the legs are.

If not, how would I approach making the previously suggested ones fit?

Also, what spline diameter would you suggest for aluminum screen in a 1/8" spline channel. I know you prefer the foam type spline.

Regards,

Konrad
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, I think I can help. First off, you don't have to worry about the length of the corner key. That's is not important as the thickness , width, and height. As long as the 95-224 matches in those respects then it should be a good fit. 

As for the screen spine, you might want to go with 59-140 or 59-145. What is nice about the foam spline is that is expands once it it rolled into the spline groove. This is good especially with the fiber-glass screen cloth which can pull out if not tight.

SWISCO Foam Screen Spline
SWISCO Foam Screen Spline
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.