Searching for 3mm pin for window slider wheel

A quick learner says:

Hi.

I purchased 7/16" nylon wheels with pins from you for my older aluminum sliding windows. I removed one of the old wheels and put the new wheel in its place. The wheel fits and the hole for the pin lines up, but the pin is too large for the existing holes. The holes in the aluminum frame are very close to the edge so I'm afraid to drill a larger hole to accommodate the pin.

The pins that came with the wheels are 4mm Outside diameter. Do you have pins 3 or 3 O.D?

Also, I had difficulty removing old wheel so I used a soldering iron to melt it. It was messy- first time I've used one.

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much,

Leslie 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 96A2347D-EC3A-470C-B012-DC4432B88C04.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 955C0F4D-8EF4-475B-AFE5-3704014417B5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B6074AD2-53B1-4791-91A5-709D83785B99.jpeg
A quick learner from Santa Monica says:
I have ordered the 5/16" wheels from you. Hopefully they will work.
I used a drill to remove one wheel- much easier than melting pin.
I'll check back with you if I have more questions.
Thanks,
Leslie
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, Leslie.

We're glad to hear you got things sorted. Please let us know if you have any questions and we'd be happy to help! 

How do I keep the wheel pins from coming out of the frame? If I lift the window from the track, the pin can come out. Did I put it in backwards?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E71FFA3D-4DDD-44EB-9768-D8A7C9330448.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for waiting while we looked into this. I'm not too sure how to keep the pin from coming out, I'm afraid. Looking at your photos with the sliding window in the main frame, I would install the pin from the other side so that the head of the pin slides up against the higher side of the window track. To keep the pin in place, you could try some type of adhesive on the head of the pin. 

Thanks for looking into this.
I'll try both of your suggestions.
:-)

No problem! We're always happy to help. Good luck and let us know if you need anything else!

As you suggested, I sprayed the tracks with silicone and turned the pins around. Now they're working great!!
Thank you so much.
Leslie

That's awesome to hear, Leslie! Please let us know if we can be of further assistance and we'd be happy to help!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.