Searching for #9. 0 35" p

A quick learner says:
Left and right
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3029.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3028.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. I believe that pivot shoe is our 15-228, which works with either 1/2" thick Series 160 Coil Balances, or 3/8" thick Series 165 Coil Balances. I highly advise removing the assembly and measuring the thickness of the old coil tape to confirm which of these balance Series you need. If the tape is 1/2" thick, and if the tape itself is stamped #9, then you might need the S160-9 9 pound spring; but confirm that thickness. The video below shows how to remove and replace coil balance systems. Let me know if you have further questions. 

A quick learner says:
I ordered the coil replacement S160-9 but it's too little. We need a bigger one to fit in. Window is 65 inches long x
27 inches with. Photos showed original coil.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3075.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3076.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3077.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob

I've heard of this issue before. I think the problem is that you're installing the spring in the incorrect position; the plastic cover isn't meant to go through the spring like that, but rather cradle it. That is how these were meant to install originally. If your old springs went around the plastic like that then they were improperly installed to begin with.

A quick learner says:
Thank you very much. It worked.
Profile picture of Bob

Great, glad to hear it! Please let me know if we can be of any further assistance.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.