Searching for Balance for Krestmark tilt window

A quick learner says:
I'm looking for 29" spiral balance for a Krestmark 36" x 72" window vertical slide. Also I'm needing the pivot shoes. I sent an email Friday, today I'm included a picture of the tag on the window if that is any help. The windows were manufactured properly 1989 that is the year the house was built.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0767.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I'm confident we can help, but Krestmark windows use a number of different spiral balances. The only way to know what you need is to remove the existing hardware from the window and show us pictures. We will also need to know the length of the spiral balance's outer tube, up to and not including the colored tip, as well as the diameter of that outer tube. We will also need a picture of the color tip. For the pivot shoe we need the width and thickness of the shoe. See the videos listed on this page for removal and replacement information for all these items. Once you provide us the required data, we'll do our best to ID what you need. Many thanks. 

A quick learner says:
The spiral tube has no colors on the tip. It is three eights inch in diameter and 29 inches long window sash weighs 23 pounds. The pivot shoe is 3/8 inch thick 7/8" x 1 7/8"
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0771.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0770.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0769.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0768.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. This looks like a fairly typical tilt window, so my recommendation would be either the 3/8" diameter Series 900 or the 9/16" diameter Series 600. Your next step should be to measure the diameter of your original balance to determine the better option; these two sizes are the only possibilities so it should be a simple pick. Considering the size of your shoe I'm personally leaning toward the 3/8" Series 900, but you should always measure before you buy anything.

As for the pivot shoe, we don't have anything in 3/8" x 7/8". You may want to remove it before you measure it just to be safe. Looking at its design, I'm strongly reminded of our 15-045, which is 3/8" x 1".

Dimensions for 15-045
Dimensions for 15-045

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.