Searching for Patent number 4.578..967

A quick learner says:
My husband had to cut the deadbolt to get the door open. Now I'm left trying to find a replacement. I have it apart. If you can find one, I will try to put it back together.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230918_103422.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230918_103506.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We've come across this old "Star Die" mortise lock a few times before. We don't have an exact match but take a look at the 40-213 mortise and 40-123 key lock to see if these match your original locking hardware. I believe your complete handle set could be replaced with the 40-214 depending on how the specifications compare to yours. Thank you! 

Dimensions for 40-213
Dimensions for 40-213

Alternate view of 40-213
Alternate view of 40-213

Measurement detail of 40-214
Measurement detail of 40-214

Alternate view for 40-123
Alternate view for 40-123

Dimensions for 40-123
Dimensions for 40-123

A home owner from Kingman AZ says:

I received mortise lock insert 40-213, had it installed. The key will lock it, but it won't unlock.

Is there a right and left insert? He had to change it to fit.

Looking at the door from the outside, the handle is on the left. It opens to the right, so upon entering, the door is to the right.

I was unable to attach the photo.

Thank you, May 

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Switching the "Handing" of the mortise latch should not have affected the function of the key cylinder. I'm wondering if your key cylinder may not be compatible with the new mortise latch. Yours may be an older model and the key cylinder "black activator" is made differently. Take a look and see if that may be the case. 

How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 40-214 Security Door Lever Mortise Lock Set
How to install the 40-214 Security Door Lever Mortise Lock Set
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.