A quick learner says:
Need channel balance for Binnings Pan American model/series
PA-14SH
non tilt
25 inches long
Stamped 23B
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I have an idea of what this balance might be, but I am afraid we need more information to be certain. Can you send me pictures of the nylon fittings, or attachments, at either end of the metal channel? Could you also double-check the metal channel length? Be sure not to include the nylon fittings in that measurement. From there we should be able to narrow this down. 

A handy person from Naples, FL says:
Hi Bob,

Thanks for your help.

Here are a few pictures.

I also need to replace 2 take out tabs. Note picture of old one.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named clip.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot 2023-07-17 180223.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot 2023-07-17 180243.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot 2023-07-17 180307.png
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you. I'm afraid I still can't determine what your balance is. I should stress that the stamps are not product codes in any way. All they tell me is how much weight the balance supports. 

Seeing the top and bottom ends of the balance is essential, especially if they have nylon fittings; if they do then we have to see those fittings clearly and in undamaged condition. I think it may also be best if we see whatever hook or clip is at the end of the cord. Please let me know if that's possible.

The video below will go into more detail as to exactly what we need.

Hello Customer Service:

Hopefully, these photo will solve the issue.
Dave

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot 2023-07-17 180335.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot 2023-07-17 180359.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot 2023-07-18 140312.png
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks, Dave, that's a huge help! With these photos in mind, I believe you have our Series 377 channel balance. This has a 19-018 top fitting and 15-005 bottom fitting. As long as you agree that these match up then you should be good to go.

One last note: in your first response, you listed the length as 25", but the stamp as 23B. That stamp indicates a metal channel length of 24", not 25". You should double check that just to be safe. Otherwise, a stamp of 23B will match our 2320 weight option, which is just a more modern iteration of the original.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your help. I've order the balances and take away clips.
Next... installation. Your video on replacing the balances looks easy.
A local handyman wanted $165, hopefully, with your assistance it will cost under $40!
Thanks again Tom.
Dave
Profile picture of Tom

No problem, happy that we could assist with your repair! Let us know if you have any future hardware questions. 

How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.