Searching for simonton sash spring

A quick learner says:
Hi,I have 20 year old simonton vinyl windows.I have a broken spring(they call balancer)on the bottom sash.Sash is only 34 inches wide by 17.5 inches high.It is the stainless coil type,sitting on a white plastic barrel,in a white "L"shaped bracket.In the pics,the two coils are the one broken spring.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16823661775232606023238913841187.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16823662019216373524436000062263.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16823662172114402416131233342751.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

I'm confident we can help with this but I will need a little more information so that I can ID a match. Can you show me some photos of your pivot shoe? That will allow me to identify the compatible springs and housing. 

A quick learner says:
Hi,it looks like all I need is the coil spring,as it snapped in half.I searched on your site,and found that it is the certanteed style,(narrow housing)that the coil fits into.
The original is stamped 406 J.I cant tell though if I need the short tongue or the long tongue.
The series numbers for the coils are S170 and S171,but all I have is the "406" stamp,and the letter "J" under it.
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for confirming. It looks like you only have one spring per side so you would need the S170-406 6-pound coil spring per your 406 stamp. I also recommend watching the video below which will explain in more detail. 

A quick learner says:
Thank you.
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.