Sears sidelite door latch

A home owner from Auburn, In. says:
I have a Sears insulted storm door that has a bad latch. (spring broke, I think). It's a dark brown insulted door with black hardware, and your 40-053 looks like it is a match. This door hangs from the right and swings out to the right, with the latch on the left, interior side of the door. The Sears manual that came with the house has no other brand on it. It has part numbers for the door, that say it is a sidelite #656.23670061. My question is, is this your door and can I get a left hand latch. If I have found the right source, I would order a left and a right side latch, as there are 2 of these on the house and the other latch is just as old as the one that isn't working any longer. Thank you-Mike G
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The 40-053 door latch was, and still is used by various storm door manufactures. Sears could have used this style on some of their doors. Check to see if it matches up to your original latch. They do not come left or right handed, you can turn them either way.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.