Semco window locking shoe

A quick learner from Colorado says:
Looking for a replacement for this shoe off a Semco window in my home. I have a couple of spares but looking for replacements in the future. I guess Semco is out of business now.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named windowshoe.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look at the 15-197 and 15-233 Great Lakes locking terminals for tilt window channel balances. Take a look and compare the specifications below to yours. Thanks for posting. 

Dimensions for 15-197
Dimensions for 15-197

Casey Thank you for your response to my question, yes the locking shoe you showed has the same dimensions as mine so they should work. I took the widow apart this morning to use my last 2 shoes on it and discovered I have much bigger problems than I thought, the rivets that hold the springs in are broken and the pulley assembly on one side is also broken, even the track at the top is broken where the clip hangs. Looks like I will need a lot more parts now if that is possible.
I was looking at your 751 channel balance and it looks like it might fit my windows the only question being will my windows lock into the shoe that comes with the 751?
Profile picture of Casey

No problem, we can supply the S751 balance with the 15-197 shoe attached but it will need to be a customer order. To get started, we would need to see an intact balance assembly removed from the widow, including the top to confirm how it attaches to the window jamb. We'll also need to know the stamp codes on the metal channels of the balances you need. Lastly, we'll need to confirm the number of replacements with each stamp code that you need, with the minimum being two of each.

I took the balance out and here are the pictures. It is 29 inches long but there are no numbers or letters on the balance assembly. The balance attaches at the top of the jam but as you can see from the picture the plastic at the top has cracked so I will need to repair the jam, likely with a strip of metal epoxied to the top of the jam to attach the balance assembly. I will need 2 of these as both sides have broken pulleys and rivits, someone did a real number on these balances.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window1.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. Since you mentioned that there are no numbers stamped on your balance channel, we'll need you to confirm the exact weight of the window sash that the balances support to determine the corresponding strength option. 

The weight of the window is 26.2 pounds.
Profile picture of Casey

Great, we just sent over an order link and price quote for the balances you requested. Keep in mind that the S-clips do not come with the balances but the 19-030 or 19-029 can be added to your order directly from our website if you need to replace any of those as well. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else. Thank you!

Thank you so much for all your help in repairing this window.
Profile picture of Casey

It was our pleasure and we appreciate your business. 

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.