Series 180??

A quick learner from Denver says:
Hi Swisco!
Are these Series 180 parts? Just want to confirm before I order.
How do I cornet the spring from the pivot housing with the tandem coil housing?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230922_124737510.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230922_124812436.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230922_124921533.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230922_124938440.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230922_124951815.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! The coil balance spring you have does appear to be the Series 180. It appears you'll need the S180-7, although, you'll want to be sure that all of your springs are stamped with the number 7.

The compatible coil housing pivot and tandem housing are the 15-087 and 15-086, respectively. 

You'll need to first insert the coils into both of the housing components. Then you'll connect the 15-086 to the top of the 15-087 housing pivot. Once this is completed, you'll need to connect both coils to the 16-024 Mounting bracket.

The entire assembly will need to be put together before installing it into the window.

I hope this helps!

A handy person from Grafton, WI says:
I am trying to help out a friend; we are attempting to mount a 16-024 mounting bracket. Is the 16-024 bracket supposed to be flat inside the channel? If so, how does the coil sprint stay attached? The spring wants to flatten out when you tighten down the screw.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot 2023-09-26 194234.png
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

My apologies for the delay in my response and thank you for your patience. In the Series 180 coil assembly, you'll need to use a pair of needle nose pliers to hook the coil springs and bring up 16-024 mounting bracket to the mounting hole. Then you'll be able to screw the bracket with the coil springs to the window track. 

They are not likely to lay flat with the bracket, unless the window manufacturer made clearance for the coil spring.

I hope this helps!

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.