Shoe Identification

A professional from Randallstown, Maryland says:
I was able to identify the correct balance but I'm not sure which shoe to purchase along with it. We are replacing 9 sets of balances for a customer.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Tilt Window Latch
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Tilt Window Assembly
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot Shoe Installed
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Tilt Window Pivot
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! Your pivot shoe reminds me of our 15-046 1/2" Thick pivot shoe. To confirm that this is the right replacement, carefully review and compare the dimensions below. You'll especially want to compare the dimensions for the width and the depth of the shoe to ensure it will fit in the channel.

Alternate image for 15-046
Alternate image for 15-046

A quick learner says:
I know these might be old but is there something similar to this in the right size.
Width is 1 5/8
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5443.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5444.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Many thanks for posting. We have indeed come across this extra wide pivot shoe before. This design never became popular in the window manufacturing and was only made for a limited time. Our senior colleague is going to check our archives early next week to see if we have any notes or solutions for this. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Many thanks. 

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience as we looked into this for you. In the past, I have used the 15-047 pivot shoe (5/8" thick) with 1/2" scotch stick-on buttons for cabinets. You'll need to rub the side of the pivot shoe with alcohol and stick two bumpers on each side of the pivot shoe. We don't have a window track 1-1/2" wide, so we are not able to test up but this would be our best recommendation at this time. 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.