Sliding closet mirrored door roller replacement

A quick learner from Golden, CO says:
Would first like to identify and second how to remove and replace.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sliding Mirror Roller
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! To remove the roller, you'll need to look for an installation screw. After you've removed the screw, the roller should easily be removable from the door frame. 

Once you've remove the roller, I'll need to see photos of it to identify the correct replacement. Please include photos of the side, back, and top of the roller.

Feel free to reach out with any questions you might have!

Figured out how to remove/install and have a number Del Mar 488-3. You've have a previous customer asking about this model number but no feedback on if it worked out for them, looking at your:
Mirror Door Roller, 1-1/4" dia.
Product Code: 23-043,
Although the Swisco flange is (3/4") width and my unit's exact flange measurement is .8"

Also nylon vs steel? and would a larger wheel also work?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240410_144104.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240410_144037.jpg

Thanks for the photos. The part number stamped on the roller also brings up two other part recommendations. In addition to the 23-043 Mirror Door Roller, we also suggest taking a look at the 23-198 Sliding Mirror Door Roller and the 23-176 Mirror Door Roller Assembly. 

To confirm which of these is the correct replacement for your closet roller, you'll need to carefully review and compare the dimensions, shown on each of their webpages.

Please comment on my previous question:

Although the Swisco flange or Flair is (3/4") width and my unit's exact flange measurement is .8"

Also nylon vs steel? and would a larger wheel (1") also work?

The difference in the width of the flange compared to yours is only about .05", so it would not make much difference in the installation. The 3/4" measurement as a decimal is .75", which is just under .8".

Steel wheels often hold up better than nylon wheels do however, they would essentially function the same. Most closet door rollers are made with nylon wheels.

It would be better to confirm the diameter of your wheel and replace the hardware based on that dimension. If yours is 1", then 23-043 with a 1-1/4" wheel diameter would probably be best since the housing is adjustable and there is only a 1/4" difference in measurement. However, you'll also need to confirm that the housing on the roller has the same measurements.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

A home owner from Oregon says:
I think I need a 23-198 Door roller, or a 23-176. Their are 2 wheels per door. The doors are 36" x 79" . The brand name is Kilian . I originally had the doors down to look , then re-installed them . They seem to be at least 20 years old, they were in the house when we bought it . Do you recommend a "New floor track" when you install new wheels ? Also their is some kind of PLASTIC 'T' on the top part of the door , on it's own track ( overhead ). Do you sell those also ?

Respectfully Jeff A.
Portland Oregon

Hi Jeff,

To determine which of those rollers in the correct replacement for your door, you'll need to be sure to compare the dimension for the height of the roller. 

In regard to the tracks, these rollers are compatible with our concave style tracks. We only carry one style for the top track. Each of these tracks come in a few different lengths; I've tagged them below. 

Take a look over their dimensions to confirm that they are the right fit for your door.

Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
 Sliding Closet Mirror Door Rollers & Tracks
Sliding Closet Mirror Door Rollers & Tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.