Sliding door handle

A quick learner says:
I'm looking for a replacement for our sliding patio door handle...the holes in the sliding door handle measure 3 15/16" apart...

We would prefer the same color combination if possible. If there isn't a replacement with a locking mechanism we're fine with just a pull handle.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0759.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0762.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0763 (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0760.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0761.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your handle set reminds me of the 82-013, except that ours has 3" installation hole spacing. We also offer the 82-005 surface-mounted handle set with 4-15/16" hole spacing. You may be able to adapt one of these handle sets to work for your repair but it would require making new installation holes in the door while being very careful not to hit the glass in the door. We also recommend using gloves and goggles if you decide to go that route. Review the dimensions and related videos on this page to see what you think. Thanks for posting! 

Alternate image for 82-013
Alternate image for 82-013

Alternate image for 82-005
Alternate image for 82-005

Demonstration of the lock interacting with the included keeper.
Demonstration of the lock interacting with the included keeper.

A quick learner from Seattle says:
Hi Casey,

Thank you for your response. My wife had actually accidentally purchased the 82-013 handle because it looks so similar to our old handle and she hadn't measured the distance between the installation holes...so we currently have that handle at home (I haven't sent it back yet) so maybe I'll see if I can drill a new hole at a 3" distance from one of them and try using this handle since it seems to be the best option.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Sounds good! Please let us know how it works out, or if you had any other questions. We're always here to advise.

Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-013 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-013 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.