Sliding glass door gaps.

A home owner from Florida says:
Hi All,
Bought a new house and have these gaps at the top of the sliding glass door. At my previous house I had them too and the builder installed some type of sticky tape bug/felt pad. Been scouring google for the official name so I can purchase them but coming up empty. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot_20230806_204301_Chrome.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! It sounds like you're referring to a dust plug. Now, to be perfectly transparent with you, that's just what we call it. It's the kind of item where every handyman you talk to is going to call it something different, so searching for it by name alone may be difficult. I can at least tell you that "dust plug" is something I've heard from others many times, so maybe it can at least point you in the right direction.

As for our inventory, we do sell the 58-184. This is a foam pad with an adhesive back, just like you describe. It's not technically made for the application you have in mind, but you may still be able to cut it to size. Otherwise, many hardware stores sell adhesive back pile, which could also work in the same capacity. Either way you look at it you're probably going to have to cut something to fit in the space available in your specific door, so keep that in mind as you browse different materials to work with.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.