Spiral Balance Replacement

A home owner from Uxbridge, MA says:

Dear Swisco, can you help me with the sprial balance system for my Wenco Series 8 double hung all PVC window? The window was originally purchased in 1999. The dimensions between the jambs are: height 55 inch, width 32 inch. Thanks for your help. Harry

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting SWISCO. I think we can help you replace this spiral balances, but I am going to need a little more information. First, could you take a picture of the colored tip at the end of the spiral balance? Second, could you measure the length of the metal tube (but not including the colored tip)? Finally, could you provide the diameter of the tube? These pieces of information will help us identify what you need. Thanks. See the video below for more details.

Thanks for your quick reply Bob.

Picture attached.
Length of tube is 24 inch
Diameter of tube is 0.39 inch

Hope this helps.

Regards - Harry
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for the photos. It appears you may have the S900-24 spiral balance. We'd just like for you to confirm that the tube diameter of your balance is 3/8. If so, then this should be the balance you've been looking for. You would go with the red tipped option since the orange and red go hand in hand in the window industry. 

Yes, the tube diameter is 3/8. Thanks!
Profile picture of Bob

Great! If you ever have any questions don't hesitate to ask. 

How to identify a replacement spiral balance
How to identify a replacement spiral balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.