Spiral Balance part number needed

A quick learner from Spring Hill, Florida says:

Need to get the part number for a spiral balance I'm changing out in my home

I will be replacing all the spiral balances in the home

The length is: 24"

Diameter is: 5/8"

The making on the Balance housing is: L and E as depicted in the photo I sent.

If you could let me know what the meaning of the L and E are that would be great.

Attached is photo's of one of the balances.

I'm a new to replacing spiral balances, so if there is any other parts needed to complete this task please let me know.

Also if you could give me a part number for the window guide and anything else I would need.

Thanks

Louie

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2062.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2063.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2067.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2065.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! The spiral balance you'll need is the S600-24. It is a bit difficult to tell the color of the tip of your balance or if there is one at all. So you'll need to confirm if there is a tip and the color of it.

If there is no tip or the color does not match one of the colors listed in the link for the balance, you'll need to obtain the exact weight of the window before you can make your purchase. Once you have the window weight, you'll be able to view the chart below the product description to confirm the tip color needed to support your sash. 

In regard to the window guide you have there, I am uncertain if we have the replacement you need but take a look at our balance retainers, face guides, and top sash guides to see if one of these might work for you. You can find them in each of the sections, here.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.