Spiral Tilt End Clip (Aluminum window, old 1960's, storm)

A home owner from Allen, TX says:

I cannot find the end clip for this style of spiral tilt. The tube is 3/8" & the length is 28". It seems the clip is riveted & has a spring in it. Is there a replacement for this or do I need to pry out the clip to be reused?

Thank you,

Kentaro

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Many thanks for writing in. Hm, for some reason your bottom clip reminds me of our 17-008 bracket, but this is curious, since that bracket goes with a 5/8" tube balance like our S500-28, not a 3/8" tube. May we see more photos from different views? Pictures of the window sash itself might also be helpful. 

A home owner from Allen, TX says:

Thank you for your help. The bracket is riveted to the spiral & there is a small spring on the bracket.

I also forgot to state: the tilt originally has a plastic outer casing around the coiled metal on the lower half portion. The reason I am looking for a replacement is because the plastic has crumbled & is accumulating in the sash. Actually, if there is no functional problem other than the plastic chips which I can remove by hand, I guess I could reassemble without replacing the tilt.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! I think your balance is 5/8". Make sure to measure the diameter of the outer tube, not the spring. It looks like most of your outer tube has broken off, probably the deteriorating plastic you mentioned. That's the main reason modern balances like ours are made with metal tubes: they don't break apart over time.

A quick learner says:
How can I get that end clip
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-20230816-WA0003.jpg.png
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The end tip you show here is unfortunately discontinued and no longer something we can supply. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. 

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.