Spiral balance attachment issue

A home owner from Florida says:
Good afternoon,

I am trying to attach my S500 spiral balance to the 17-083 bracket for my windows. The brass bracket will not fit into the keyhole cut in the bracket in any combination of turns. I am attaching photos of my old hardware to make sure I purchased the correct items and the new hardware. I am also attaching a picture from the swisco web page that depicts a different balance bracket than I have in my hand. I'm curious if this other one is the one I need instead.

It looks like it will fit, it doesn't. We are all puzzled and humbled trying to mangle the two together in every fashion imaginable. I called earlier to confirm these two go together and made sure I wasn't supposed to remove the brass piece.

Please help me,
Taylor
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240205_135818.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot_20240205_141421_Chrome.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240205_132428.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240205_132549.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hi Taylor,

Thanks for writing in! I'm sorry to hear that your purchase did not work out for you. Unfortunately the 17-083 is not compatible with the Series 500 non-tilt spiral balances. They are generally used on hybrid balances.

You'll nee the 17-012 Bracket, #32. Take a look over the dimension to confirm that it will be a fit for your repairs.

Dimensions for 17-012
Dimensions for 17-012

Additional dimensions for 17-012
Additional dimensions for 17-012

How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.