Spiral balance cover, stopper (?) and tilt latches

A home owner from Maplewood NJ says:
Hey team. I have a number of windows that are holding up pretty well apart from yellowing of the plastic spiral balance covers, tilt latches and the little rectangular "plugs" you can see in the side of the upper/rear window frame. The "stoppers" at the top and bottom of the sliding channels for both windows are also looking a bit ragged.

I think I've found the 2-9/16" tilt latches.

Is it possible to get replacement covers for the spiral balances without having to buy the entire component? I'm not sure how to measure the length but they're 5/8" wide and have blue "bushing" (?).

And I can't find the "stoppers" or "plugs", maybe because that might not be the right name for them.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 30FEFD13-95B5-4514-A93C-FBD683DEB735.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CDB99BD9-6B96-4918-8E6E-5A03DDB3EA74.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 52F274ED-9C90-423D-867E-0BA15BA65F7C.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm afraid you won't be able to replace just the plastic tube of your balance. That's not just a cover, in your case, it's physically attached to the balance itself. You would need an all new balance.

That would be unfortunate if the balances are still functioning properly. There are some hardware stores that sell covers of a sort that snap over the opening in the track. These can be tough to track down, though, since they're often made to the specific size of the track. We unfortunately aren't able to provide them, but if you can find one that fits in your track then it would be the ideal solution to keep using the same hardware without sacrificing appearance.

Otherwise, you would need new balances entirely. I would recommend either our Series 600 or Series 900, depending on the diameter of the tube in question (5/8" or 3/8", respectively). You'll note that our balances use metal tubes; this is a conscious change in design from your older model to avoid the yellowing and cracking that comes with using nylon tubes.

You also mention a plug; I'm not sure what that may be, but I think I spy it in your second photo. Could our 26-139 be what you're looking for?

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.