Spiral balances

A contractor from Brownstown Township, Michigan says:

Hi, I need to replace the spiral balances for 3 of my windows. Total of 6 balances. They are tilt-in windows. The diameter of the medal tube is 3/8" and the length of measure's 28 1/2 inches. Could not tell what the color of the tips were. The weight of the sash is 18.2 pounds. According to your web site, the tilt-in window with 3/8" diameter balancer would be the S-900.

Thanks for your help! Larry 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tilt window spiral tip
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named spiral balance tube
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named spiral balance tube
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there Larry.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Since this is a tilt window and the tube measures 3/8" in diameter, you'd want the Series 900. You can round up to 29" for the length and use the red tip or green tip option. A pair of S900-29 balances with a red tip will support a sash weighing 10 to 22 pounds. A pair of S900-29 balances with a green tip will support a sash weighing 14 to 26 pounds. 

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

A contractor from Brownstown Township, Michigan says:
Thank you for responding so quickly!
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.