Spiral tilt window balance

A handy person from Ontario Canada says:

I need to replace a spiral window balance. The pictures I have sent are for one piece that has not been installed.When i look at your site ,what i have looks very similar to your part number 39" series 600 Spiral tilt window balance. The one diference being the red tip on mine is inside the housing but when pulled hard enough it does stick out slightly.These balances are installed on our church windows.

Can you please confirm that the 39" series 600 is a match. I need to order 20 and have them shipped to Canada so want to be sure.

Thank you for your help.

Doug  

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230711_184917485 (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230711_184924604.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230722_192706095.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Doug. Based on these pictures I'd say the outer tube is a little more than 1/2" in diameter, and so the Series 600 would be correct. But I know these old plastic tubes can be tricky to measure, so I'd double-check with as many balances that have the tubes intact as possible, just to be safe. So long as that tube is indeed 9/16" in diameter and 39" long, then the S600-39 should be what you need. Let me know if you have further questions. 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.