Spring coul

A quick learner from NC says:
Top window falls when window is unlocked
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Balance Cover
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Spring Cover
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! The top window is likely falling because the coil spring, the pivot shoe, the pivot bar, or the entire assembly is damaged in some way. To identify the correct replacement for your existing coil balance assembly, I'll need to see a photo of the pivot shoe removed from the window. It would also help to see the pivot bar.

You'll also need to remove the coil from the window to confirm any stamps/markings on the metal. This number will give us the spring strength needed for the coils in the window. If there are no stamps/markings, I'll need to know the exact weight of the sash.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Here are the parts taken from window. Did not see a weight on coil.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2193.jpeg

I'm sorry to say that I cannot identify the replacements you need base on these photos. The sticker does not indicate the hardware used in the window as oftentimes the manufacturer of the window is not the same as the manufacturer of the hardware. 

I'll need to see the coil balance pivot shoe which is connected to the bottom of the sash. You'll need to remove the sash from the window completely to be able to see the shoe and remove it. Please take a look at the videos tagged below for reference.

To determine the spring strength you need for the coils, you'll need to obtain the exact weight of each sash you are looking to replace the assemblies in.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Coil has 406J

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Balance Assembly

Your coil balance shoe reminds me of the 15-192 CertainTeed Pivot Shoe. To confirm that this is the correct replacement, carefully review and compare the dimensions below. Keep in mind, you may need to shave down the aligners so the shoe will fit in the window channel.

detail of 15-192
detail of 15-192

The shoe is compatible with the Series 170 Coil Balance. Since yours is stamped with a 406J, you'll need the S170-406

To replace the balance cover, you'll need either the 15-156 CertainTeed Lance Spring Cover, Wide or the 15-185 CertainTeed Lance Spring Cover, Narrow.

Detail of 15-156
Detail of 15-156

Detail of 15-185
Detail of 15-185

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.